Monday, April 30, 2007

taking a look back to the beginning

Well here we are at the end of the semester, it all happened so fast! I was looking over all my past notes and blogs and i ran across the blog towards the beginning of the semester where i was searching through the Chronicle for the past references. I was struggling to make a link. I stated that maybe since we had just started the class that was the reason i couldn't find anything and that i just needed to give myself time to learn more.

Well now during the last week of classes i decided to look back through a chronicle to find the past. I hate to say that i came up empty handed. I felt quite discouraged from not being able to do what i had set out to accomplish.
Then i started think of all the group and individual presentations and how so many links were made with ease to the past. So now i feel better because although i may not be able to read this mornings paper and find a connection to the past, during a discussion of many movies, song, poems, plays, books and almost anything else i can find a link to the past. This idea makes me feel like i learned a lot now instead of feeling defeated.

Although this time of the semester is so stressful and just piled with loads of homework and studying i love to look back through the class notes, because it reminds me of the place that we stated. This then bring up the idea of T. S. Eliot and his fine words of wisdom....


"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"

We are ending up the class in the same place, but i am no longer the same person. I have learned and reflected on too many things this semester to have not been effected. I guess a part from being here to get a degree, this is what college is all about, putting in the time and effort to learn something and forever be changed.

No comments: